There are many reasons to write letters with regard to the AIDS epidemic, and many people and organizations to write to. Here are some ideas about who to write to:
GovernmentThese are only a sample of the many letters that you could write. Remember you want to encourage people to act positively with regard to this epidemic. Point out the good as well as areas which need improvement.
- In support of new funding for AIDS research
- In support of public AIDS education programs
- In opposition to unfair labor standards (i.e. firing a worker because s/he has HIV)
- In support of new laws protecting PWAs and PWHs
- A letter of support to a TV or radio station for broadcasting AIDS educational programs
- A letter to suggest that TV or radio stations broadcast more PSAs
- To encourage local school boards to include HIV/AIDS education in school curriculum
- Write a letter to an AIDS organization asking for information, posters, leaflets, etc.
- Write to a PWA support group asking how you can help in your community
- A letter to a friend or family member who has HIV
- A letter to a someone you know who makes rude comments about people with AIDS