Live theater is a wonderful way to make your audience more aware of the problems that people with HIV/AIDS face. Here are some ideas about topics for your presentation:
- Show the daily routine of a PWA (routines of medicines, eating habits, rest, etc.)
- One person in a group of friends contracts HIV. Show how you would support him/her.
- Someone at work overhears discriminatory remarks by another worker and educates the others in the office.
- At a party, someone "picks up" someone else. How does their dialog lead to talk about safe sex?
- At a dentist's office, a patient encourages the doctor to always practice Universal Precautions with his/her patients.
These are only a sample of the many themes you could use for your play. Remember you want to encourage people to act positively with regard to this epidemic. Point out the good as well as areas which need improvement.