The following are some topics from which you can start class discussions or debates.
- In Japan, AIDS will/will not become widespread. Why/Why not?
- How should children become informed about HIV/AIDS?
- How should office workers be educated about HIV/AIDS?
- Why are men afraid to use condoms? Why are women afraid to ask them to?
- The logo of ACTUP says "Silence=Death; Action=Life". How does this relate to the AIDS epidemic?
- How well do the Japanese health authorities inform the public about infection statistics in Japan?
- Do you think the public should have acess to this information? Why/why not?
- How will an increase in the number of people with HIV and AIDS in Japan affect areas such as: employment, health insurance rates, government funding for AIDS health programs, etc.
- AIDS is an international epidemic. What role should Japan play in terms of research, funding of medicines for use in underdeveloped countries, etc.?
JAPANetwork would like to add to this list of topics for discussion. If your group has a topic to include, please send it to JAPANetwork today!
. Thank you for your participation!
For more information about AIDS and the latest treatment developments, check these Web Sites!